A bequest in your Will is an investment in our shared dream of a world free of cancer. A bequest perpetuates your values, beliefs and strong desire to make a difference for others. It is a celebration of joy, values and life. A bequest may allow you to make a gift upon your passing that you could not make during your lifetime.
Supporting CancerCare Manitoba Foundation with a bequest through your Will affords you the opportunity to significantly impact critical cancer research and patient care upon your death. Knowing your gift will impact generations of Manitobans who will go on their own journey with cancer will provide you with a deep sense of joy and partnership in your life. You may direct your gift to an area of specific interest to you, focusing your impact on a program or area of research you are passionate about.
How to make a planned gift to CancerCare Manitoba Foundation:
- Make a list of your assets
- Consider your heirs first; CancerCare Manitoba Foundation second. Decide how you would like to divide your assets
- Engage the advice of professionals, i.e. a lawyer and an accountant. These people will ensure that your Will truly reflects your wishes, is accurate and legally binding
- Choose an Executor of your Will – someone you trust and rely on to carry out your wishes
- Keep your Will in a safe place.
When you leave a gift in your Will to CancerCare Manitoba Foundation you become a part of our More Tomorrows Legacy Society. This is a special group of caring people who have chosen to change the face of cancer for future generations of Manitobans with a gift at the time of their passing.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss with you today what your generosity will make possible tomorrow and how by joining the More Tomorrows Legacy Society you will change the course of cancer.
To speak in more detail about the difference your bequest will make please contact Nicola Starin, Senior Manager, Events & Development at 204-784-2782.