- Make a list of your assets
- Consider your heirs first; CancerCare Manitoba Foundation second. Decide how you would like to divide your assets.
- Engage the advice of professionals, i.e. a lawyer and an accountant. These people will ensure that your Will truly reflects your wishes, is accurate and legally binding
- Choose an Executor of your Will – someone you trust and rely on to carry out your wishes
- Keep your Will in a safe place
For someone who has built his entire career on the premise of taking care of people’s money, the fact that George Sigurdson is such an advocate for giving money away isn’t without its irony. But after George explains both his personal and financial beliefs regarding the benefits of giving something back, it’s hard to argue with him. “One of my favourite quotes is ‘No matter how wealthy you are we … Continue reading Meet George
Estate gifts have an enduring impact, and can make an incredible difference in our community. Take Curtis Crush, who left a legacy of love through an estate gift to CancerCare Manitoba. Curtis Crush, an American, met the love his life, a Canadian teacher named Ellen de Koning, in 2000 when he was 50 years old. After a long-distance love affair, he moved to Canada to be with her. They married … Continue reading Meet Curtis