Take advantage of the tax benefit and donate your stocks, bonds and mutual funds directly to the Foundation to help Manitobans with cancer lead a long and full life.
Many donors consider marketable securities a tax-effective way to make a donation as the tax on your investment’s capital gain (the difference between what you paid for the securities and their current value) is reduced to zero. This doubles the savings for you as there are no taxes on the capital gain and you receive a charitable tax receipt for the value of the securities, just as if you donated the equal amount in cash.
How does it work?
- Have your stock, bond or mutual fund(s) transferred to CancerCare Manitoba Foundation through our online securities transfer form or our self-managed letter of direction form.
- Your donation will not be taxed on the profit you made on that stock, bond or mutual fund (i.e. capital gain)
- The amount of your charitable tax receipt is determined by the close price of the securities on their date of transfer to the Foundation
- Once the Foundation has been informed your gift has been transferred, we will contact you to confirm.
- Your donation will support CancerCare Manitoba’s initiatives in research, clinical trials, patient experience, and cancer prevention and early detection.
CancerCare Manitoba Foundation has engaged the services of BMO Nesbitt Burns to facilitate the receipt of security donations. To discuss how you can best direct your gift to the programs or areas at CancerCare Manitoba that are most important to you, please contact Sandra Tym, Director of Finance, at 204-981-0682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering a gift in support of Manitobans with cancer. Your investment will help save lives and create a future without cancer.