Share this page
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on print
Share on email

The Blog

Community members across Manitoba, like Dallas Johnston from Brandon, are sharing their passion to positively impact cancer patients and their families. Following his retirement, Dallas – a Royal Manitoba Winter Fair committee member and steer enthusiast – turned his hobby into an incredible fundraising endeavor. His motivation couldn’t have been more personal – his grandson, Aysen, was diagnosed with cancer at just 10 months-old and received life-saving care from community … Continue reading

“You have Stage IV Hodgkin Lymphoma and must immediately begin treatment,” is a statement 29-year-old Angel Ronquillo never, ever thought she’d hear. Last spring Angel – a passionate teacher – was busy planning for her future when she received this life-altering news. Angel was immediately faced with a new reality she needed help navigating. Your support has been integral to Angel and others diagnosed with cancer. Your generosity funds CancerCare … Continue reading

You’re the Hero at Challenge for Life

There are so many families in your province that have been affected by cancer. It might be your neighbours, it might be your friends, or it might be your family. Fortunately, they have people like you who are willing to step up and raise vital funds to help them in their time of need. Challenge for Life 2.0 is on June 9, where you can Walk It for 20K or … Continue reading You’re the Hero at Challenge for Life

International Women’s Day
from Dr. Sri Navaratnam

International Women’s Day has been celebrated since the early 1900’s as a result of women’s movements in Europe and North America advocating for the empowerment of women and equal participation in society. The issues and concerns facing women have evolved over time. As the president and CEO of CancerCare Manitoba, a medical oncologist and a woman, I would like to take the opportunity on this day to bring a message … Continue reading International Women’s Day
from Dr. Sri Navaratnam

Giving Young People A Fighting Chance

CancerCare Manitoba Foundation is part of a historic new project aimed at finding treatments for children, adolescents and young adults to beat their cancer. Great progress has been made in curing these patients, with over 80 per cent of all cases now being successfully treated. That still leaves 20 per cent of cases without positive outcomes though. Terry Fox PROFYLE (PRecision Oncology For Young peopLE) is the new Canada-wide project … Continue reading Giving Young People A Fighting Chance

A Big Win For Kids

Not only did the Winnipeg Jets win big on Monday night, it was also an incredible win for Manitoba kids with cancer and their families. In a sold out Bell MTS Place, waves of purple jerseys and colorful signs filled the stands for a very heartwarming game – Hockey Fights Cancer night. Thanks to amazing community support, True North Sports and Entertainment donated $150,000 to pediatric clinical trials at CancerCare … Continue reading A Big Win For Kids

The Bottom Line

March is colorectal cancer awareness month and The Bottom Line is raising funds and awareness for colorectal cancer in Manitoba. Did you know over 900 men and women are diagnosed with colorectal cancer each year and more than 300 people die from the disease annually in Manitoba? CancerCare Manitoba Foundation is hosted an online initiative to raise awareness and funds. The Bottom Line, a month-long campaign, educated Manitobans on advancements … Continue reading The Bottom Line

Welcome to The Blog

Welcome to CancerCare Manitoba Foundation’s online hub – The Blog! The Blog is a place filled with inspiring stories about Manitobans touched by cancer, articles informing Manitobans about new discoveries and treatment advancements at CancerCare Manitoba, and sharing how our community is uniting to raise serious funds for a serious cause in our province. And oh-so-much more. CancerCare Manitoba is preparing for a 50 per cent increase in the number … Continue reading Welcome to The Blog