For three decades, the Guardian Angels and their supporters have enriched the lives of women affected by cancer.
We are pleased to present you with An Enduring Bond – Thirty years of strength, grace, and hope, a special documentary showcasing how donor support is helping change lives.
Donor generosity and commitment are funding the patient support services at CancerCare Manitoba making the journey easier for women facing a cancer diagnosis.
Donor support is helping fund research and treatment, which ultimately leads to many more tomorrows lived.
With your gift, the lives of women you know will be made longer, and better.
Thank you to those who placed a bid or donated to the Guardian Angel Online Auction. The auction is now closed.
Ten women each day in our province continue to receive the life-altering news they have cancer. The need for your help for these special women remains as strong today as it was thirty years ago. Your support will help provide each of them with many more tomorrows with their cherished family and friends.
If you have not supported, please select a pearl to donate in support of women’s cancers today.
How your donation helps women’s cancers:
- This year 3,500 women in Manitoba will hear the words “you have cancer”.
- The primary forms of cancer affecting women are lung, colorectal, breast and uterine cancer.
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death. Manitoba has one of the best lung cancer survival rates in the world.
- Colorectal cancer affects both men and women and is the second-leading cause of cancer death. When detected early, colorectal cancer is treated successfully 90% of the time.
- About 850 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year. Early detection through regular mammograms can lower breast cancer deaths by 25%.
- Thirty years ago, the 5-year survival rate for women diagnosed with breast cancer was just 44% — today it is now 88%!
- 50% of women diagnosed with cervical cancer have not had a Pap test in 5 years or more. Regular Pap tests can prevent up to 80% of cervical cancer.
YOU CAN help change the course of cancer now.
For more information, please contact: Nicola Starin, Senior Manager, Events and Development at 204-784-2782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.